Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tossing and Turning


Esther 6: 1

That night the king had trouble sleeping….

Isn't it always amazing how God works? Last night, I had trouble sleeping and every time I woke up it was to lift my friend in prayer. I know my friend is suffering in the loss of her mom and I know that she needs to feel God's love right now. So, the only thing I can do as a friend is pray ~ Lord let her feel you're loving arms of comfort!

When I wrote saying the only thing that I could do is pray it is not a bad thing ~ it is probably one of the most important that we are all quite capable of doing. Talking to our Savior about someone we love isn't a hard job, is it? It's quite easy to pour our hearts out and share our hearts with the Lord!

God woke the King up or at least I think it was God. I believe that He wanted to remind the King about all that Mordecai had done for the king. The same is true of us at times. We have a night we toss and we turn, well maybe it is because God is reminding us of something an action He wants us to take, or a time He wants to spend with us, whatever the reason welcome the time you are allowed to spend with Our Savior. Relish the request and go on bended knee to the place that only Our Savior knows our needs and hearts and that He alone wants to put the healing balm of His mighty touch on our wounds!

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I agree with you about that only thing - prayer. Praying for your friend in her time of sorrow is a gift to her.

I have been on the receiving end of those prayers and it is a blessing to have a friend that prays for you.

Praying with you that the God of all Comfort pours out His peace, strength and comfort on our sweet friend.