Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sound the Alarm


Ezekiel 33: 3-4, 6

When the watchman sees the enemy coming, he sounds the alarm to warn the people. Then if those who hear the alarm refuse to take action, it is their fault if they die….

But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn't sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity.


 

When you think back about your growing up and you remember a time that someone warned you not to do something, but you did it anyway…how did it turn out? I remember one time in particular that Pam and I wanted to go to the mall. We had to go that night our parents didn't really want us to go, but they did not forbid us to go. They warned us. We made it to the mall, shopped, laughed and were headed back home. When a woman ran a red light and hit us. We were okay, but as we were waiting on the police for a report the lady was slightly angry and was verbally attacking us. We were physically afraid at this point. She was very threatening to us. In fact, a man that was in a vehicle behind her that witnessed the accident got out and came over to be sure we were protected. It was not good! We had been warned, but we ignored the advice.

In our faith journey, think about the people that cross your path daily. What if you are the person to warn someone of something about what they might be doing? What if you are the person that is supposed to share The Lord with them and you don't? It always bothers me that I am going to miss someone that is counting on me! What if we are there only hope? Odds are the Lord isn't just counting on us, but He might. We don't really know, so don't take the chance on that person or yourself.

It's not always easy to share your honest opinion or to take the really bold step and ask do you know the Lord, but it is part of the plan…or at least I believe it is according to our reading from Ezekiel today. After all, the Word is still very relevant and meaningful to us today!!!!

Sharing,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I don't like to say something is my fault, but there's the truth. God said it, it is my fault when I don't listen to the warning.

I have to ask myself, am I like the Israelites who had warning after warning and still would not listen?

Praying that I LISTEN for the warnings!