Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mirror, Mirror


Daniel 4:30


 

…By own mighty power, I have built…..words of King Nebuchadnezzar


 

Very powerful words for someone that had a dream reminding him about how important he was going to be earlier in the same chapter that he would live like an animal for 7 years…he was warned to stop sinning and yet….

I remember in the old fairy tales about Mirror, Mirror on the wall who is the fairest of them all? Remember?

None of us are the fairest, the best and yet that is what society seems to be about today. Do you ever watch television and the most often used word is "I" or "me"? I call the world we reside in the "ME Society". Most of society looks at something and decides what's in it for me, before they make a choice.

Well, old King Nebby should have looked at his dream and learned a mighty lesson. He didn't build anything did he? Do we? Do we learn a lesson any better, when we ask ourselves the same question?

I place myself lying in that field long enough for my hair to become like eagles' feathers and my nails like birds' claws and even in imaging this I am so disappointed in myself for the times that I fail to remember it is God! Remember today, it isn't about you or me it is all about God or at least it should be!

Remembering,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, praying that I give God the credit that He deserves today!