Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scratched or not?


Daniel 6:21

My God sent his angel to shut the lions' mouths so that they would not hurt me, for I have been found innocent in his sight.

I can only imagine! The words really do ring true with this image of Daniel placed in a hole with a bunch of lions and the door shut! Do you think Daniel felt any panic as the door was closed or do you think he felt peace knowing his relationship with God?

What would you feel? Would you be brave or trembling so hard you could not stand up? Do you question your walk at times or are you so sure of how you would handle yourself in such times?

The peace that Daniel must have felt knowing in his heart the trust he had in the LORD! Not a scratch was found on Daniel, for he trusted in his God. What about us? Would a scratch be found? Ponder that question today as you face the lions in your life! Will you tremble or be brave because you know the Who that is in charge of your life!

Trusting one step at a time,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am ashamed to say that I have trembled when I should have been brave. Thankfully God has given us these great heroes of faith like Daniel to show us the way.

As we read on in that chapter, we see that King Darius sent out a proclamation about the God of Daniel to the people of every race and nation and language throughout the world.

Praying that when I face the "roaring lions" I will have a faith that causes others to proclaim, He is the Living God.