Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is it possible?


Luke 1:37

For nothing is impossible with God.

A simple statement of fact! Wow, isn't it true?

Then why is it so hard for us to take to heart?

When Gabriel tells Mary this fact that nothing is impossible with God, she would have remembered from her teaching that Sarah was told a very similar statement. In Genesis 18:14 it read, "Is anything to difficult for the Lord?" Mary would remember Isaac and it was considered a statement of fact ~ no room for doubt.

Imagine a young girl about 14 years old, betrothed to Joseph and knowing that this could mean her death, but she remembered and responded with

"I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true."

A huge statement of faith coming from anyone, much less a young girl of 14! She was certain of the one, true God and she welcomed his plan for her life. What about you? What about me?

Are we ready and do we answer with ~ I am the Lord's servant I am ready.

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I am so excited that we have started into the The Good News this morning.

Gabriel would have first hand knowledge that what he said, "For nothing is impossible with God" was true. In Luke 1:19 he says, "I am Gabriel! I stand in the very presence of God. It was He who sent me to bring you this good news!" He stands in the very presence of God!!!!!

May we continue to be in awe of the truths that are revealed through The Word.