Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Healing


Malachi 4: 2

But for you who fear my name, the Sun of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings.

I never cease to be amazed when God speaks or really wants us to focus on something how he continually gives you the scripture. Over the past few weeks this scripture has been given to me in several different books, etc. Now I believe it is to share what He taught me about this scripture, so that we can all learn and grow.

Did you know that the word wings translated here from the Hebrew word is "kanaf"? Did you know that it means corners? Do you remember back in Numbers where God described how they were to attach tassels to their garments in the corners? The tassels were to represent God's goodness and loving-kindness and to remind us of His commands. Well, Jesus was a teacher ~ rabbi and probably would have worn a robe like described with tassels.

Tomorrow, we begin the New Testament with stories of Our Lord. One of my favorites represents this scripture so well. Remember the story of the woman with the issue of blood for over 12 years? Remember this meant she was unclean. She had to stay by herself for 12 years. She was shunned, she was alone, and she was desperate for healing. What did she do? She followed through the crowd and when she was just close enough she touched the corner of Jesus robe. Why she knew that the corners represented healing to her! Wow the faith she showed ~ put yourself in her shoes. I am so alone. I have to be healed. I've heard this teacher has performed many miracles and I know He will heal me. All I have to do is reach and touch the edge of His robe and I will be healed! Imagine it! Would you reach out and just touch ~ confident that you would be healed?

God is so amazing. The two books that I've read lately that both shared details that we Americans miss not knowing about the culture were Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus and Rewriting Your Emotional Script…both books are very good and I recommend reading them. The first really explains the culture and the other is a good book about our personal journey.

What is God pointing out to you? Have you taken the time to notice when He gives you the same scripture over a couple of weeks? What is He sharing with you? What does He want you to do with it? Don't miss out on this amazing relationship with your Savior when He is hugging you and saying Deb, I've got something special for you today!!!

Loving the Lord that puts band aids on my wounds,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Debbie, I started reading this book, "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus" when you recommended it to us at Bible Study last week. It is really good!

Right off the book gave new meaning to the Mary and Martha story. It seems as though Martha has always gotten a "bum" rap for her household preparations, but the knowledge of Jewish customs puts a different light on that story for me. This book describes in more detail how Martha's hospitality was an important help to Jesus' ministry.

Anyway, I am looking forward to gaining some new insights into the Jewish traditions that were part of Jesus' life as He walked the earth.

Thanks for all you share with us!