Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Needy?


Mark 2:17

When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor-sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

Do you remember when you were small and the trips to the doctor? I remember one in particular it was time for school to start and shots were on the agenda. The nurse walked in the room with 4 shots and this little girl took off running right out of that room…well I thought they were all for me.. Anyway, I needed those shots I just didn't realize it.

Much like the verse above the Pharisees didn't really realize what they needed, but the sinners did. How many times when you are well do you just stop by the Doctors office to say hello and how are you doing today? I loved one of the commentaries it stated that Jesus was directed to these people, that sinners need a Savior. Well who among us doesn't need a Savior?

The word "sick" here is defined in the original context as miserable. The word "healthy" means strong well ~ I see a lot of strong miserable people in the world today that need a Savior how about you?

Very needy,

Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Love this picture, Debbie.

To me Jesus is saying, "Frankie if you think you are righteous without me then you, Frankie are in big need."

Lord, we are a people in need, may we look to You today.