Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too Great Too Grasp


I love the Grand Canyon! I wish I had made a picture like this when I climbed out of it...or when I climbed down into it...either one would work! When I think of God's love it is deeper and wider than the Grand Canyon, deeper than the ocean, higher than the tallest mountain...

Seriously, when I read the verse this morning from Ephesians 3:17-19...And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Frankie, actually commented on these portion yesterday and I wrote about it last year..(I think) Do we get it? The only way to even think about it is by looking at the cross.

The cross where Jesus died for me and you. God had His only son die for us. To perhaps get a glimpse of this love think about the person you love most in the world and place them on the cross. God loves us more than that...so much more!

The reading today went on in chapter 4 to remind us to be humble and gentle. Patient with each other, making allowances for each other's faults because of your love. -- Now this is a hard one sometimes. Especially in this season of hustle and bustle and then God had Paul mention patience and making allowances...sometimes He just steps on toes, doesn't he? At least, he steps on mine...

Christ saves us!
One of my favorite verses from today is from Ephesians 4: 8-10
"When he ascended to the heights, he led a crowd of captives and gave gifts to his people." Notice that it says "he ascended." This clearly means that Christ also descended to our lowly world. And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself.

God is so BIG!


We serve a huge God that loves even bigger!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: