Friday, December 24, 2010

What do our actions really say?


1 John 3:18
Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

My eyes fell to this verse and I reflected back in my own journey. A journey that I thought for years I was truly loving others, but when my eyes were opened I didn't. I loved those that were easy to love. The ones I chose to love, but not the hard ones. Ponder your own journey a moment...
what about the homeless man that smells?
what about the woman that is dressed way to provocative?
what about that person you just don't like?
what about that annoying, loud child that pesters all the time?
Do you love them?
Do you ignore them?
Do you dare even glance their direction?

It's easier to love some than others, but the Word clearly says the truth shows by our actions. What does your action show even when no one is looking? Does it show love or something else?

When I was looking for the perfect picture I typed in actions showing love and this one came up. I fell in love with it, because it shows a mom allowing a baby to walk with her help and sometimes stepping on her toes. She loves anyway. We must do the same. We must help others walk even if they step on our toes, smell a mile away, annoy us beyond words, or you simply just don't like them. Perhaps, they just need to feel Christ love for their world to change! What if you are the one person placed in their path to show the love?

Let your actions show Christ's Love today and everyday!
Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Well those are some very convicting words that John has shared with us. Trying to show the truth by my actions today.