Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do we know who is evil?


Job 1:7
"I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that's going on."

Today, in the reading these words kept catching my attention.

Do we realize when it is evil watching us?

Do we realize when it is the devil plotting mischief?

The devil is busy plotting mischief. He doesn't sit idle..he prowls and I think we would never realize it over half the time. I think it looks pretty innocent at times to us how it works patrolling and plotting harm to bring us from good to evil!

Imagine, God saying these words about you - Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless-a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.
Think about this today...What words would God say about you? I am going to think on that one for awhile about myself!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special - Clean water and more people to donate for clean water in Africa Do you know that it takes 40 billion hours in Africa alone for women to haul needed water back and forth? Just to haul water folks...check out www.thewaterproject.org and look for ways to help this area get clean water. Journey of Sisters will be helping with a page...watch for details!

1 comment:

Frankie said...

There was alot of "good stuff" in the reading today. The friends looked pretty good in Job 2:11-13.
"They left their homes and traveled to Job to comfort and console him. They barely recognized him and they began to wail loudly, tear their robes and throw dust over their heads to show their grief."

But get this, "They sat on the ground with him for seven days and nights. No one said a word to Job for they saw that his suffering was too great for words." Wow! That is some friends! Of course, later on they they give him their thoughts on his suffering.

I liked Job 3:25, which tells us basically that , what we fear comes true! Job said, "What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true." We need to be careful where we let our thoughts wonder.