Friday, January 7, 2011

Early in the morning


I am a morning person. I seem to be getting to the point that it doesn't matter how hard I try I wake up early.

Reading today, I was struck in the story of Ishamel that Abraham got up early to prepare and send him away. I've always been amazed that he got up early in the Issac story, but never noticed it until today in the Ishamel story. Abraham believed and was obedient, so why prolong what the Lord called him to do.

Why have I in my journey prolonged things? I know that God told me to do something and if it didn't quite fit my plan - I waited. After all, I might not have heard that correctly or I might have projected that I prolong and want to call it being sure. Abraham trusted God beyond words with the two young men he loved so very much that he was willing to send one off to the unknown and the other he placed on an altar. At times I hesitate in my trust and hold back, but Abraham got up early and showed obedience to Our Savior.

What a lesson for all of us to ponder today! Also, in the story of Rebekah we can gather so very much. The servant knew Abraham's God was the director of the universe and he prayed to him about Rebekah. Rebekah was also so obedient. Imagine, this strange man meeting you at the well with this story about this man in a foreign land and you are the answer to the prayer. do you reply Yes, I will go? It is my prayer that we will all answer Yes, I will go Father wherever you ask me to go. Not only that Father, but that I will get up early and take those steps toward your plan for my life!

Father, let me get out of your way to do amazing things through me listening and following your plans for my journey. Let me shout YES Father and How early. After all it is already and will only be one amazing journey. I love you. Amen

Sweet Blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special - Today please pray for all of the people around the world over 30 million suffering in human slavery over 80% being women and children. A $32 billion dollar market. Let's bring an end to this horrible statistic through prayer.



1 comment:

Frankie said...

I like that name, Director of the Universe for God. I don't think I have ever heard it said like that before.

Wow! The prayer focus for today made me think back to the reading on 1/6/11 in Genesis 19:13. "The outcry against this place is so great it has reached the Lord and he has sent us to destroy it."

Oh, may the outcry against this human slavery reach the Lord.