Thursday, January 27, 2011

Overwhelmed!



Today, in the reading from Job 30 and 31 all I could think of was how alone and overwhelmed Job is feeling. After all, he had been living a life that God called blameless - a man of complete integrity, and called him the finest man in all the earth. Suddenly, his world is turned upside down and every which way but loose!

Overwhelmed is an understatement of all the feelings that had to be flowing through and around Job. His friends were full of advice, his brain was on overload and he just wanted to give up. Ever been there? Do you see yourself in these passages?

I did and do at times. In verse 11 of chapter 40, he said the Lord humbled him. Even outcasts oppose him and everyone wants to destroy him. One of my favorites was in verse 14...they come at me from all directions. They jump on me when I am down. I live in terror now. Ever felt like this? When you are down it seems like everybody wants to kick you? Well, the devil does and he will use everybody and everything to help dig our holes or pits deeper!!! Every crack in our armor is a place for darkness to creep through and feed our spirit, our heart, and our being with dark thoughts!

I am reminded once again through this reading to keep my eyes on things above, to be in God's Word, to be in the company of believers who give hope and light! We are allowed to make choices that help us crawl back out of the pit and it is my prayer that we each make the right choice today, when we reach to climb out once more...

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

Prayer Special - Let's pray today for the hot spot between Israel and the Palestinians. Let's pray for all leaders to attempt to defuse this difficult situation.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Wondering why I can't keep my eyes on God above? I feel like the lady looks in the picture, overwhelmed! Lord help me keep my eyes on you and not circumstances.