Sunday, April 3, 2011

Go and cry to the other gods you chose!


I saw this picture and knew it was the one today!

The dogs eyes said it all...truly sorry and they were half hidden.

Reading today the words from Judges 10:12-15 hit me hard...The Lord is speaking and he reminds the people you abandoned me, they oppress you, you cry for help, I rescue. But you abandoned me and served other gods. So I will not rescue you anymore. Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen! Let them rescue you in your hour of distress! But they pleaded and acknowledged all they had done. Sin, Sin, Sin punish us as you see fit LORD!

Divine Judgment when we acknowledge it is God's right to punish as He sees is best and He may use it for His Glory! When we are genuinely sorry God may use it for His good.

How often do we abandon Him for something that we place before Him? Whether it is another false god, something such as food, an object we desire, another thing for our collection anything that we place before Him and yet He does forgive when we are truly sorry! What hit me is how often are we truly sorry? How often does our heart break that we broke God's heart?

Yet we cry for rescue and He might not have heard from us in a really long time. We might have been in pursuit of what we placed before God and once again in the land filled with sin and we have forsaken our first love - God! We remember Him when we get in trouble and we need rescuing, but do we remember Him always?

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Are we truly sorry? Good question. I realized recently or should I say I was convicted recently that I was always asking God for forgiveness but not really saying I was sorry. I was not including those words when I talked to Him. Those words are hard for me to say and I think they are hard for most people to say. Our pride gets in the way of us saying what is most important.

Father, I am sorry. Please forgive me.