Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting older?

Okie dokey, did the title get your attention?  None of us like to think about getting older, but today I'm thinking on the topic.

First off I want to say I may be over fifty, but it seems like yesterday...

I was attending high school football games yelling for the home team...

listening to the latest song on the radio loud as possible on the car radio...louder made you cooler...

driving a little faster, because it's the thing to do...doesn't matter how dangerous it was...

Yes, all of us did those things too!

It's hard to describe that when I was younger, I felt like people that were the age I am now must feel so old.  Now that I'm here I realize that no, they didn't. It felt to them just like it does to me now, like it was yesterday!  It's hard to put it into words, but getting older is weird.  It's just a number.  I think we still want some of the same things happiness, love, health, good times they just might look a little different than when we were in high school.  Hopefully, we go about these differently than when we were younger.

I am preparing for a talk on Sunday to a group at church that are special and I want to remind them they are special.  It is my prayer that the Lord will give me the right words to share that allow them to feel God's love and that they still matter so very much to all of us and in God's Kingdom!  We always matter.  It doesn't matter what stage in life we are at on this journey we matter to God!  All of us need this reminder at times...

God showed up through my friend, Frankie and lead me to a special woman named Anna whose testimony teaches this topic so well...WE Matter, age, status, and other stuff not so much!  

I am reminded of Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Age is indeed just a number (some bigger than others) but our work is never done and neither is the fun!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: