Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sing to the Lord



Even the hummingbirds were Praising the Lord for the rain!  Truly they were just putting their little heads up to the sky and I believing giving thanks in their own way.


The pool was filled to the brim and running over after the almost 6 inches of rain that we so desperately needed.  Each drop was a gift and it renewed each of us as it fell to the ground.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday with a virus and still have lingering effects today, but I was thankful to watch the rain.  Oh plans changed, but I'm getting better with that too.  I've thrown the calendar out for now and letting life happen.  It's not so bad not being attached by a chain to a calendar.  In fact, it's rather liberating after so many years of checking to be sure every item on it is done and marked off.  It's actually quite a feeling of freedom.

So, the birds, dogs, and I were practicing what the words found in Psalm 147 ~

Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.  He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain.

Thank you Lord for the rain and I'm sorry about my singing voice, but ...oh well!

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: