Monday, September 30, 2013

Joy in the morning



Yes, I started my day coloring a picture!  Remember how much fun it was to color pictures when you were a little girl?  Well, this morning I decided that I was going to start my day coloring flowers and butterflies and you know what it felt good!

I'm reminded of the words in Mark 10 that Jesus shared with the people ~ I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.  Sometimes, I take life too seriously...

I heard a wonderful sermon yesterday from Pastor Aaron about being too judgmental and you know what he stepped on my toes and it felt good!  I need to leave all of that to God and be reminded to accept and love and let God!  I need to be His arms loving and sharing about the wonderful things He has done in my life.  Encourage people to read God's word and let Him do the rest.

It probably sounds weird to say it felt good, but honestly I've been so torn up about things that are so out of my control.  I know that God was reminding me to mind my own business and straighten up around my own door and let Him take care of me and everybody else!  I serve a Mighty God who loves me in spite of me ~ thank goodness!

So I colored this morning and thanked God for the blessing of being able to color and enjoy coloring!  I've also been reading about One Thousand Gifts by Amy ???  you know the book it's fabulous!  A wonderful reminder of all the little things we need to give thanks for and how being thankful truly does change our life!

I have to share again I've had this book since it came out, but didn't pick it up to read it until God's timing had me pick it up and well He showed up with a message for me.  Perhaps it's your time to read about giving thanks.  Check it out it's a great read!

I always encourage you to read things I've read that are good for your soul, but never ever do I want to recommend anything more than reading God's Word.  Relationship with HIM is most important in order to have this you must be in HIS Word, so He can love on you, comfort you, even fuss at you, all of what relationship is about with HIM.

Color a picture today!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

That is a cool way to start the day! Love it!