Wednesday, January 7, 2015

God will provide




Genesis 21- 24

What terrible awful situation are you facing right now?  Well, today's reading should offer you great comfort, if you are trusting and believing in God.  Oh, it may not be the way you expect the answer to happen, but His way will be the best way.

I am reminded after reading today that God indeed provides just not the way we expect.  Imagine, your son asking you about where is the sheep for the sacrifice offering.  Abraham answering with so much faith in verse 8 ~ God will provide a sheep for the burnt offering, my son.  Now, think about Isaac what were his thoughts as his father put him on the altar and his father raised the knife.  Was Isaac believing like his father?  Oh, I hope so.

Do you ever struggle with your father on much smaller issues than this one?  I do.  Yet, why would we?  God provides just not the way we expect.  If you are at all like me, you think God will provide walking up to the altar, but not on the altar?  Am I alone?  This is a tough situation.  I always wonder did Abraham and Isaac talk on the way back about Abraham's faith?  Did Isaac gain a lot of faith that morning laying on that altar?

I know this story helps to build my faith.  God indeed provides.  The name Yahweh-Yireh which means"the LORD will provide is something that we all need to take from this day forward and know in our hearts indeed God provides.  Another thing to remember He provides in unexpected ways, we just need to have the faith of Abraham!

Today, remember Yahweh-Yireh!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

What comes to my mind is this passage from Isaiah 55:8-9, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declared the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

That story of Abraham's testing is definitely a difficult one.