Thursday, January 22, 2015

Wisdom belongs to the aged



Job 12 -14

Do you remember thinking you had the world by the tail?  You just had all the answers?  Okay, maybe you won't admit it, but at some point you thought you had it all together...

I know at certain times in my life I thought I was pretty smart...well, now I realize not so much.  I still learn a lot everyday and one of them is just how little I really knew at those times I thought I was so smart.  Does that make sense?  It does to me.  Unfortunately, but I am real with any of you that read this blog or that know me.  I fall way short than I desire to achieve in this lifetime.

One thing I am learning is just how true this verses from Job 12: 12-13 truly is ~
Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old.
But true wisdom and power are found in God; counsel and understanding are his.

Indeed, as we grow older we do seem to know more because of experience and time, but only God understands everything and everyone.  Wisdom is it truly ever achieved in this lifetime?

I think I can speak for myself and say I am a little wiser than yesterday and not as much as tomorrow...I will forever grow, learn and seek with each breath I take with God's help!

Today, learn something new and share it with a friend!

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: