Sunday, January 25, 2015

Paths we take...



Job 23 - 25

Are you certain of the paths you want to take?  How do you decide?

In Job 23 beginning in verse 8 it broke my heart...Job is responding once again to Eliphaz about searching for God...

I go east, but he is not there.  I go west, but I cannot find him.
I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden.  I look to the south, but he is concealed.
But he knows where I am going.  And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. 
For I have stayed on God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside.
I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food.

Have you ever felt the silence, when you haven't heard from God?  You know those times that you are reading His Word, you are going to church, you are in worship and praying, but you haven't heard from Him?  You are almost desperate for the LORD?  Job is desperate too.

Job is searching and in his heart He knows that God is there.  We must keep searching and continuing to look for Him always.  We must remove whatever it might be that is between us and the LORD.  We must be patient in the waiting room.  We must read His Words and speak with Him and soon we will find Him.  We must keep the faith and continue on His pathway.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

No comments: