Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Family matters


Genesis36:1

This is the account of the descendants of Esau…

I noticed last year while reading, the listing of the family lines over and over again. I would come to one and say oh no, here we go again, and again. This year it began to hit me differently.

God wants us to remember these accountings of families they matter. They matter to Him, so they need to matter to us.

I also began to think about this is a way for Him to teach us that our family lines matter. Our families matter. It doesn't matter who we meet in our life the family that God gave us is important. He had a plan and this is part of His plan.

So when I come to a listing I know it matters. It still is very difficult for me to read and keep all of them in line with exactly who they belong to and so on, but I know it matters. It matters because all of this is a part of God's plan!

Today, think about your family lineage and thank God for His plans for your family. It does matter!

Thanking God,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, talking about the lineages here in the Old Testament and the importance of them reminds me of a verse. In 2 Timothy 3:16 the Word says that, "All Scripture is God-breathed...." So this says to me that even these genealogies are important. I agree, it does matter!

On another note, when I read Genesis 36:31 listing the kings of the land of Edom, I thought of how Israel began to want a king like the other nations had. They had the King of Kings but wanted something else. Is this the grass being greener on the other side? They begged for this until God gave them what they wanted. Sometimes what we are wanting and begging for is not in our best interest. Not so easy for me to see in my on life.

Bill's Friend said...

Isn't it strange that today your picture is a family tree. A couple of days ago I couldn't keep up with whose son belonged to who. So, I made a family tree for Leah, Rebekah, and their servant's sons. That helped a lot....

This Christmas I got to see my nephew; he's one that I haven't seen but once or twice in fifteen years or more. I also got to meet his precious son and his wife. I'm so thankful that I got to see him and visit with his family. We later went to my Grandmother's and made a picture of 5 generations. The five generations included this nephew and son. It was priceless!!

Thank you God for my family!!!