Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Puzzle pieces of good and bad


Job 2:10

But Job replied, " You talk like a foolish woman, Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?"


 

Nobody likes bad things to happen, but…

Think back over your journey isn't it true that during those times you spent more time in God's presence? Do you think that might be because we look for Him more then?

I know when I think back over my life the infertility, the loss of friends or family, the fire that it isn't that I like those times of my life, but they make me who I am today. We don't have to like our circumstances, but we show our faith through them.

The bad times in my life taught me to look for God on the good days as well as the bad. I treasure the moments in my life when I know that only God knows something and He shows me in the most dramatic ways. So, the verse above really caught my attention because I do think that we only want to accept the good…but oh what we see in the bad are some of our most treasured moments.

I pray this makes sense to each of you. Today, look for God whether it is a good day or a bad day! Accept the good as well as the bad – after all God takes every step with us on the good and the bad days…we just forget to take notice of Him on the good ones…

Sweet blessings,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Oh Debbie, it does make sense! If we believe that God is sovereign, then there is nothing that comes our way that He does not know about whether good, bad or ugly.

I liked what you said about not having to like our circumstances, but through them our faith shows. How true that is! Our faith is what interests God. Does it stand the test? God was certain that Jobs faith would hold up and it did.

The bad times refine us. I wish it wasn't so, but that is when we draw near to God.

Bill's Friend said...

How many times have I said "My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same." Job 4:8. Okay, well, maybe I didn't say it in those exact words. My words were probably, more like, "Lord, what have I done to deserve this? I know I must have done something to cause this bad thing to happen..."

Job...Job...Job...What a great testimony your life has been for me and mine. It has been a little over a year ago when I shared your testimony with my son. He was going through a real hard time in his life, and I thought about you. I thought he needed to read about someone who had endured a whole lot in their life, someone like you... No matter what happened to you, you still loved the Lord. You lost all of your animals: your oxen, donkeys, sheep, camels. They were your material security. You lost your family....Your whole family, but you still loved the Lord. I can't imagine losing more than one family member. But, you never lost sight of the most important thing in life. God.

Thank you Job, and you Debbie, for sharing your trials in life.... It's the valleys, and not the mountains, that make us who we are.....

Thank you God for the valleys... because that's when I am closest to You.......