Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Joy in correction!


Job 5:8

If I were you, I would go to God…

Isn't this the truth? God is the answer before difficulty, during difficulty, and after difficulty. Sad fact is sometimes we go to others rather than God. I'm guilty or you?

I love this part of Job when he is reminded of all that God does..

He does great things to marvelous to understand.

He performs miracles.

He gives rain and water.

He helps the poor prosper and protects those that suffer.

He messes with schemers..don't you love it?

He traps the wise in their own cleverness…isn't this good? It goes on to tell us so that cunning schemes are thwarted.

He rescues the poor from mean words and the clutches of the powerful.

So that the poor may have hope and the jaws of the wicked are shut!

He heals and bandages our wounds!!


 

He does, he performs, He gives, He helps, He rescues, and He even traps and messes with evil doers…

I think it is time we all hit our knees in fact, I'm afraid we might be past due!

One important reminder is found in verse 17…consider the joy of those corrected by God! Do not despise the discipline of the Almighty when you sin. For though he wounds, he also bandages…

Wow, be joyful when we are corrected! Isn't it true God loves us so he disciplines us and then he will bandage us. I absolutely love the imagery of these verses…

Ponder these thoughts today and be reminded of God's love for us and be joyful even during the times that he corrects us!!

Loving God,

Debbie

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Debbie, that is such a sweet picture! That advice that Job's friend gave him was very wise indeed. I could stand to heed that advice, "If I were you, I would go to God...." Probably the best place to start and the best place to end is with God. Going to God!

Bill's Friend said...

God first.... always...

I just loved it when Job said, "At least I can take comfort in this: I have not denied the words of the Holy One." He never doubted God. He only believed.....