Sunday, January 20, 2013

The tasteless white of an egg...


Job 5 - 7

Sometimes we might just need to sit and keep our mouths shut!

Wise words we think, but are they like it says in Job 6: 6-7
Don't people complain about unsalted food?
Does anyone want the tasteless white of an egg?
My appetite disappears when I look at it; 
I gag at the thought of eating it!

Don't you know that Job might have wanted to stuff a sock in the mouth of Eliphaz?  Perhaps you have wanted to stick a sock in my mouth when I've offered advice that I thought sounded good, but in reality was way off base...

Sometimes we just need a friend to sit quietly offering compassion just by being with us!  No words, nothing but being there.

Today, let's just be quiet offering our friends the gift of our just being!

Be with Your Best Friend, Your Savior, Your Comforter and allow Him to offer the words that only He can give that Heal...

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

I asked myself that just today, " Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut and not say anything?" Lord, help me to be quiet when needed.