Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Who is this?



Job 38 - 40:5

Over and over the LORD spoke in the reading today reminding Job and the rest of us of exactly who HE IS!  The Great I AM!

Often times I wonder how could we ever ask such questions and yet we fail daily with questions that we don't need to know the answers to, but yet we ask!  Faith is trust in God knowing and handling exactly everything.  He so beautifully pointed out exactly who He is throughout today's reading!

The picture above is one that I took a couple of years ago in October at our house in Colorado.  We arrived it was still beautiful fall.  The golden aspens surrounded us, the animals were frolicking in the last of crisp fall air and we woke up one morning to find the mountains covered, but what amazed me was the color of the clouds.  It was like pink cotton candy covering the snow colored mountains.  I remember the gift of witnessing this change in seasons and thanking God that He allowed me this time in this special place that I see Him everywhere.  

This morning it is hard to pick one verse that speaks so beautifully to God and HIS Awesome powers in creation, but a few of my favorites were...

Job 38: 8 - 11
Who kept the seas inside its boundaries as it burst from the womb, and as I clothed the clouds and wrapped it in thick darkness?  For I locked it behind barred gates, limiting its shores.  I said, 'This far and no farther will you come.  Here your proud waves must stop!"

Job 38: 19 - 21
Where does light come from, and where does darkness go?  Can you take each to its home?  Do you know how to get there?
But of course you know all this!  For you were born before it was all created, and you are so very experienced!

I could go on and on, but I want to close with the response of Job in 40: 3-5, because it probably fits most of us...
I am nothing-how could I ever find the answers?  I will cover my mouth with my hand.  I have said too much already.  I have nothing more to say."

Blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

Frankie said...

My God Almighty receive all of the honor, glory and power. Blessed be His name!