Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You go girlfriend! You go friend!



Isn't he adorable?  Happiness shining through and through!  Clapping for himself or someone else and he loves it!

I don't know about you, but those of you reading with us daily know we have been in Job several days and it is difficult reading.  Job had these 3 friends show up supposedly to support him and wow they have been a bunch of downers!  Pointing out what Job must have done for God to do this to Job and thinking they know everything.  

Finally, today I found it a little bit of a release when Job finally said wait a minute if I were in your shoes I would encourage you!  Finally wait just a minute!  It's real easy to sit over there with no sores all over you, no your family is still all okay while I sit here alone in pain not understanding and if I were sitting where you were I would help you out with encouragement rather than focusing on my wrongs that must have caused this situation!

Today, we read Job 16 -18 and the verse that touched me is in Job 16: 5 which says "But if it were me, I would encourage you.  I would try to make away your grief."
Imagine the pain of just wanting his friends to give him a little hope; instead they bring more grief!  How often is this us?  

Today, find someone to encourage with a word of hope, a smile or perhaps a big round of clapping!  I imagine it will even change your own day!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Yes, indeed! May we all be the kind of friend today that encourages and gives hope!