Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've got a good thing!





What guides you daily? Do you follow the folks around you? Do you think for yourself? Does the television help to guide your actions and reactions? Are you a strong person that follows or makes your own path?

What guides you? Is it your upbringing? Is it your parents? Is it your friendship with God? Oops..I mentioned God. In this world we live in its not politically correct to mention God out in the open, much less let God be your guide.

I rest easy at night knowing that God is who I go to with my questions. I love the Message translation of Psalm 16: 7 & 8..check it out...Day and night I'll stick with God. I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.

It is so true! I've never felt more peace in my heart or in my sleep than I do now and it isn't anything other than I go to God. I don't worry about those around me and whether it's the cool thing to do...it's the reason I rest easy at night and I walk with ease. In the version that we are reading for the year...it says I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. So how could I not feel peace? God keeps his promises, so what could possibly be better?

Not letting go of a good thing,
Debbie

No comments: